Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do you remember the first movie you ever went to in a theater?


We celebrated President's Day by inviting our African friends to their first dinner and a movie. Of course, they had no idea what they were in for, but as they are very trusting they piled into our suburban, and we headed off for fun. First stop, Wendy's. They are very conversant with the English words hamburger, french fries and coca cola. They also now know the word Frosty. Then we went to the Waterhorse movie. Fortunately, it has a lot of action and visual emotion as I am certain they did not understand very much of the dialogue. They were very well behaved the entire time. Do you remember your first movie? Hugh says his first movie experience was the Disney zippity do dah, "Uncle Remus" officially, "The Song of the South" and I remember seeing a movie on Thanksgiving evening starring Jennifer Jones, "Good Morning Miss Dove." I was 7 years old and I threw up in the bathroom at the theater. Please comment with your first movie memory.

4 comments:

Ashley K. said...

I don't remember my first movie, but I do remmeber seeing Princess Bride and thinking it was the best movie I had ever seen. I still have lines memorized!

Jess said...

I have no clue! I am impressed that you and Hugh remember yours! Thanks for coming by yesterday, it is always so great to get to chat! We better get used to this type of chat though... boo hoo hoo

Heather said...

I remember going to see the Jungle Book with my Grandpa on the theater when I was little.

Andrea said...

E.T.