Monday, August 18, 2008

First Ever Birundian Olympic Swim Team

Invited my African friends over for a swim. We invite them over several times per week to cool off in the pool. They usually beg for life jackets and goggles. I strap the life jackets on the 3 and 6 year old, but encourage the others to practice actual swimming. It wasn't until the Olympics started that they really got interested in swimming. Now, Jeneseri (12) and Nelson (8) swim all over the pool. Friday, we learned the backstroke and the butterfly. They also now love to practice trick "dives" just like in the Olympics. Check out the action












.

1 comment:

Church Family said...

Kathy,
I am lovin the new look of your blog. I wish I were that fancy and new how to make mine look so great. What fun those kids must have thanks to you and Hugh.
THe yard is looking great. We have a birds eye view of all of the happenings from EJ's deck.